Thursday, March 17, 2011

And the answer was YES!

This special day was my birthday, February 28th, 2009 to be exact. We were at Eric's house in Yorba Linda for the day. Eric had gotten me a pillow for my birthday, actually it was his old pillow! Ha (Only because it was one of those really nice memory foam pillows that i used every time i slept over and i loved it) Anyways, After I had gotten ready, Eric told me he had a surprise for me but we had to drive there first. As we were driving in the car Eric turned on the song you're in my heart by Rod Stewart and sang it to me for the first time. He was so sweet singing those words to me "you're in my heart. you're in my soul, you'll be my breath should i grow old, you are my lover, you're my best friend, you're in my soul." His favorite part was about the "big bosomed lady with a dutch accent" of course Ha! Him singing and being all romantic, and this being the day that he proposed made this "our song". well, we drove about 20 min to the John Wayne Airport. When we were pulling in I was so confused! I had no Idea what was coming next. Eric got out of the car and went and talked to this guy that looked like he was waiting for us. So I got out of the car and the man took us out back where all of the tiny charter planes were at. WE WERE GOING FLYING! So exciting!!! It took about 30 min to prepare the plane before we took off. During this time we decided that eric got the passenger seat and I got the back seat, we put our head phones on that were suppose to protect our ears against the noisy small plane. Eric got to put his I-pod in that we listened to while wearing our ear phones, I think we listened to Jack Johnson :) The Plane ride took us out over the ocean about 20 min until we saw Catalina Island! I thought we were just going to turn around and go back, but instead we landed at the tiny air port on top of the mountain. Sooooooo scary! The landing runway started right at a cliff which i was sure we were going to crash into until we barely missed it by a few feet and landed on top. so crazy! well, we went inside the airport which really felt like a gas station, and we looked around. I bought a few post cards so i could remember this moment forever. Then Eric told me that we are going to go and hike and have a picnic. It was at least 100 degrees outside so we were looking for some shade, but had no luck. we ended up in the middle of a field with an awesome view of the ocean. Eric had brought a blanket and he made us peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, yum! HaHa Not really that yum, Ha but I wasn't that hungry anyway because of all of the excitement! We had been eating for about 10 min. when Eric got up on both knees and while digging in his backpack he said that he still had my birthday card to give me. He pulled out a folded up paper, opened it and started reading a poem that he wrote for me. This was how it went:
Beautiful so wonderful
your eyes pacific blue
this is what I talk about
When I'm describing you

sensitive so sensitive
you surely fit the part
that doesn't bother me at all
because you've won my heart

Talented in painting nails
and doing people's hair
you worry last about yourself
for others your are there

I love your spirituality
and how you try so hard
by doing all he ask of you
and keeping up your guard

The qualities that you possess
are magnified to me
that you're exactly what I want
for all eternity

my love has grown immeasurable
it brings me to my knee
I want you as my wife Nicole
Please, will you marry me?

He got all choked up and as he was finishing he reached in his backpack and pulled out a heart shaped ring box. I said yes and tried to kiss him before he even had the chance to show me the ring and put it on my finger! Because it was so hot my fingers were a little swollen so he couldn't get it on me, i had to put it on myself HaHaHa. We kissed for a little bit, but it was just too hot so we packed up and headed back to the air port. This whole time I was laughing and stunned and so excited. Eric kept saying, "Its ok if you want to cry" hahahaha he wanted me to cry, but i was just so happy i couldn't! I tried to think of something sad to cry and make Eric feel special, but seriously I couldn't no matter how hard I tried HaHa. I just kept laughing! Anyways, when we got back in the plane and took off the pilot told us to look down at the ground so we did and it was so amazing when the plane breeched the end of the cliff the ground went from 5 feet below us to at least 1000 feet below us! Then the pilot took us around Catalina Island and the view was so beautiful, the water so blue. The pilot even took us on some big loops where we would be up side down or sideways! It was so fun! As we flew away from the island i couldn't of imagined a more perfect nor romantic way to propose. Eric Is so amazing! I said yes to the perfect man for me! I love him so much! Oh and on top of all of this he picked out the most beautiful most perfect ring! I didn't help him pick it out, he wanted to pick it out so he put the ring together all by himself. It fits my personality perfectly! Plus the quality of the diamond was so unique and amazing that I could blind myself with the sparkles. I can always look back on this moment and smile at how perfect of a day it was. When we drove back to Eric's house we listened to our song again, but this time with more meaning, love, and happiness that i felt would never end!


The Morning of my birthday



The Plane we flew in



The scariest Airport runway ever!!!!

The Catalina Airport that seemed like a gas station


These are the post cards



The beautiful view we had during our picnic

My perfect Ring

These are the pictures we took from the plane when we flew around the Island

No comments:

Post a Comment